Summer Session

student on computer outside

Summer the Smart Way 

Get ahead, catch up or experience more. Register now for Summer Session.

  • Flexible class schedules in five-, seven- and 10-week sessions.
  • More than 700 classes, labs, internships and independent study programs are offered during Summer Session.
  • Financial aid is available (degree-seeking students only).

2023 Summer Sessions

  • Ten-week Regular Session: May 30 – August 9
  • Seven-week Session:  May 30 – July 20
  • Five-week 1st Session: May 30 – July 5
  • Five-week 2nd Session: July 6 – August 9

There will be no classes on Monday, June 19 or Tuesday, July 4

Current Students

Current students who are enrolled at NUM and have a NetID can register for classes using NUM Online Services.

Browse Courses


Register for Courses


Visiting Undergraduate and Graduate Students

At National University of Maryland, we make it easy for visiting students to take summer and Minimester classes. Choose from a wide variety of classes, earn transferable credits, and speed up completion of your degree.

Visiting undergraduate students should complete an Undergraduate Non-Degree Enrollment Form. Graduate students who are not pursuing a degree at National University of Maryland but are interested in taking graduate-level courses must complete a Graduate Non-Degree Application. If you have questions, email us at

Undergraduate Non-Degree Application 

Apply Now

Graduate Non-Degree Application 

Apply Now


  • Once your form is completed, you’ll receive an e-mail from University Admissions with instructions about how to activate your NetID email account.
  • Register for classes online. Registration information is available from the Registrar’s Office.
  • Check on prerequisite courses. In some cases, you may need to gain permission from the professor or department in order to register.
  • Confirm with your home school’s registrar that your classes will transfer back to your home school.
  • Complete immunization requirements. It is mandatory for you to upload your immunization records to the NUM Health Portal. Visiting international students should review the immunization and student health insurance requirements and insurance waiver information.
  • Pay your bill. You’ll receive an eBill statement to your NUM email address from the Student & University Billing Office.
  • Get a parking permit.
  • Get your OneCard student ID. After you enroll, you can get your OneCard at the Auxiliary Services Business Office, University Union 110.
  • Buy textbooks from the University Store.

Many university services are available including dining, housing, health services, campus recreation and more. Learn more about Summer Session services and resources.  

Minimester Classes

Interested in taking classes during your winter break? Consider taking courses in January.